The Women’s Centre for Legal Aid and Counseling (WCLAC), an independent Palestinian organization
established in 1991, aims to contribute to the establishment of a democratic Palestinian society,
based on social justice and equality between women and men. To achieve this aim, the Centre has
developed and is further developing, through its activities, a new Palestinian feminist discourse.
WCLAC is looking for a full-time Team Leader of Advocacy Unit based in Ramallah. The role of the Team
Leader is to oversee the overall work of WCLAC’s advocacy unit at the national and international levels and
to manage the advocacy team and follow up the daily work of the unit to ensure highest quality of WCLAC’s
advocacy work to promote and protect women’s human rights and access to justice based on principles
enshrined in international human rights and humanitarian law.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1- Developing advocacy strategies and activities at the national and international levels based on WCLAC’s
2- Developing advocacy plans targeting policy and decision-makers, parliamentarians, diplomatic missions,
UN bodies …etc. by identifying clear massaging based on advocacy targets.
3- Developing, planning and conducting research activities to produce with the team of the unit relevant
studies and research for advocacy purposes.
4- Leading, supervising and supporting the team of the unit in designing, implementing and evaluating
advocacy initiatives to influence policies and legislation at the national and International level.
5- Preparing human rights reports, policy documents, submissions, complains, urgent appeals based on
evidence -based data documented by the advocacy unit.
6- Coordinating and Networking with national and international organizations and United Nation HR bodies
and specialized agencies.
7- Representing WCLAC at meetings, field visits, conferences, donors’ meetings, media at national/
8- Managing the team of the advocacy unit through providing guidance to their work.
9- Preparing the advocacy unit budget, financial management and overseeing the implementation.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
• Master degree / LLM degree in International Human Right or International Humanitarian Law or any
• At least 5 years’ experience in human rights, women’s rights as well as the work of NGOs in Palestine.
• Excellent English and Arabic command, native speaker standard;
• Relevant professional experience in research and report writing.
• Experience in designing and implementing advocacy initiatives.
• Leadership, communication and management skills.
Skills and Competencies:
• Report writing in both languages (ENG-AR).
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Good knowledge of national laws and legislation.
• Good knowledge of international human rights mechanisms.
• Strong interest, knowledge and commitment to feminist’s visions and gender-related issues.
• Strategic thinking and advocacy experience.
• Interpersonal ability to work as a team.
• Ability to work under pressure while maintaining professionalism.
• Computer (MS-Office including MS-Project).
How to apply:
All interested candidates are invited to send a detailed and up-to-date CV in English with a cover letter
including the applicant’s expectations of the position and how his/her qualifications relate to the vacancy.
Please submit your applications to Women’s Centre for Legal Aid and Counseling (WCLAC) at: Email:
email@example.com , indicate the job title and reference on the email subject, by closing data: 07/09/2020.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Short listed candidates will be expected to sit for a written exam and an interview.
WCLAC encourages women candidates with the relevant competencies to apply for the post.
Women’s Centre for Legal Aid and Counseling (WCLAC)