Palestinian Energy and Natural Resources Authority (PENRA)
Projects Monitoring Unit (PMU)
Environmental & Social Engineer
Palestinian Energy and Natural resources Authority/Projects Monitoring Unit (PMU) is seeking to hire
a qualified Environmental & Social Engineer to Participate on the development and implementation
of the Environmental and Social instruments according to the World Banks (and others) Guidelines
and Environmental and Social Standards. The E&S Engineer should have enough experience and
knowledge of the Energy Sector in Palestine to be able to carry out below mentioned duties and
responsibilities. We are seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time position based in Ramallah with
frequent visits to Gaza Strip.
Job Title: Environmental & Social Engineer
1. Participate actively in site specific assessment of the project locations in order to determine the
applicable Environmental and Social Instruments.
2. Participate actively in the stakeholder’s engagement and provide inputs to Environmental and Social
3. Supervise and monitor the contractor’s compliance to OHS and labor management Procedure.
4. Ensure effective engagement with the stakeholders and manage the information disclosure as per
the Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP).
5. Assist on the supervision and monitoring of the adequate implementation of Environmental and
Social specific instruments.
6. Assist on the preparation of regular Environmental and Social Compliance Reports (ESCR) on
compliance status with the project documentation.
7. Coordinate with the Environmental Quality Authority (EQA) for any additional project requirements.
8. Follow up and update the Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM)
9. Assist on providing the environmental and social training and public awareness campaigns.
10. Produce reports in a manner understood by non-technical people for effective dissemination purpose.
Produce relevant summary documents in Arabic language for dissemination in local levels.
11. Assist on the preparation of reports to be submitted to the PMU Manager as a follow-up on the
implementation and monitoring of the sub-projects.
12. Undertake other duties as per the requirements of the project or as directed by the Environmental
and Social specialist.
1. Minimum B.A. degree in Engineering, Environmental Management, or Environmental and Occupational
2. Minimum 2-years experience in conducting environmental and social assessments.
3. Preferable experience in the field of electrical engineering and environment.
4. Experience in dealing with complaints systems.
5. Fluent English Language (Speaking, Reading, and Writing) is a must.
6. Good experience in producing reports is required
7. Ability to communicate effectively, understand community and stakeholder perspectives and vulnerabilities
and to engage with project affected people and project management teams positively
8. Knowledge of the project area and the communities in particular Gaza strip.
9. Have very good computer skills in general and especially in MS Office package (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.).
10. Knowledge in the World Bank Environmental and Social Framework is a plus.
11. Knowledge of Palestinian existing laws, policies and regulations in environmental.
Interested eligible candidates should submit personally their CV’s with a cover letter (in English) and
all supporting documents (University and experience certificates) to the Palestinian Energy Authority
no later than Thursday, 05 January 2021 to the following address:
PEA Head Quarter , Al-Beireh - Al-Masayef
To General Directorate of Administrative affairs - 6th floor, Room 6-9, Tel: 02/2984752/3
PS: we will accept only the CV’s of qualified candidates.
NOTE: PENRA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and promotes equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants in recruitment and professional advancement regardless
of age, sex, gender, religion, ability, marital status, family responsibilities, etc.
Eng. Zafer Milhem/PENRA Chairman