Job Title: Project Officer/Civil Engineer
Location: Al-Ram - Jerusalem
The NGO Development Center (NDC) is a non-profit Palestinian organization whose main function
is to empower non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to respond to the needs of the poor and
marginalized. NDC provides a distinctive combination of direct grants to NGOs, to help them perform
with improved quality and outcomes, while increasing access to services by the most vulnerable.
NDC is currently seeking a dynamic Project Officer/Civil Engineer with excellent conceptual, analytical
and organizational skills to be based in its main office in Al-Ram. The Project Officer reports directly
to the Program Manager and will be responsible for a portfolio of infrastructure and social cohesion
projects implemented by Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in Jerusalem. The Project Officer must
have access to Jerusalem.
1. Prepare the grants program work plan, monitor progress and report periodically on outcomes.
2. Prepare “Guidelines for Submission” and “Grant Application Form” for CSOs in line with the
project technical document.
3. Communicate the grant-making application process to the community and CSOs including the
eligibility criteria and guidelines.
4. Maintain a database of all submitted applications, including approved and rejected applications.
5. Conduct the required assessments and appraisals of submitted grants applications to NDC and
provide technical recommendations.
6. Coordinate the implementation of grants activities for the awarded sub-projects, including
planning, sub-grant design, negotiations and preparation of sub-grant award documents,
administration, monitoring, reporting and closeout;
7. Regularly monitor grants/sub-projects implementation and ensure adherence to work plans,
budgets and technical requirements.
8. Ensure the successful implementation of all related technical assistance/capacity building
activities to the CSOs.
9. Prepare TOR for selected assignments, recruit consultants and monitor their work and quality of
10. Prepare timely high quality project reports in accordance with NDC’s requirements.
1. Access to Jerusalem with a valid Jerusalem driving license
2. Bachelor degree in civil engineering.
3. At least five years of experience in related functions;
4. Documented experience in projects management, monitoring and evaluation, and procurement
5. Very good knowledge of the NGO sector, especially in Jerusalem
6. Excellent communication, reporting and analytical skills.
7. Advanced computer skills.
8. Very good command of English and Arabic.
How to apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and CV to
firstname.lastname@example.org , with the position title in the subject line no later than Friday May 6, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted