Special Human Settlements Programme for the Palestinian People under UN-HABITAT
is seeking candidates for Quality Urban Development and Sustainable Interventions – Rehabilitation for
Revitalization (QUDSI-R4R) Project
Governments at the 19th Session of the UN-Habitat Governing Council, adopted by consensus resolution 19/18 calling on
UN-Habitat to establish a Special Human Settlements Programme for the Palestinian People (SHSPPP) and a Technical
Cooperation Trust Fund (TCTF). The long-term development objective of the SHSPPP is to improve the human settlements
conditions of the Palestinian People and in so doing contribute in a modest way to reaching peace, security and stability in the
region. During the recent 23rd Governing Council, a new resolution was adopted, requesting UN-Habitat “to further focus
its operations on planning, land and housing issues in view of improving the housing and human settlement conditions of
Palestinians, addressing the urbanization challenges, supporting the building of a Palestinian State, humanitarian action and
peace-building, in the areas where there are acute humanitarian and development needs, identified through technical assessments
by UN-Habitat in coordination with all concerned parties”.
UN-Habitat is leading the implementation of a 5.5-year EU funded Project: “Quality Urban Development and Sustainable
Interventions – Rehabilitation for Revitalization (QUDSI-R4R)” in partnership with local technical and academic entities.
The Project aims to Improve socio-economic conditions for Palestinians in the Old City of Jerusalem by rehabilitating towards
revitalizing historic sites as a catalyst for Palestinian integrated urban regeneration. The activities of the project focus
on strengthening the old city’s Palestinian coordination; Rehabilitation and maintenance as well as business development and
sustainability of key areas in the Old City; as well as professional capacity building for individuals who work in the Old City’s
regeneration, advancing their professional development in several core competencies capable of unlocking new commercial
opportunities in the economic sector. In parallel, the project also includes an interconnected track of Technological Empowerment
and Innovation directed to Palestinian youth.
United Nations Human Settlements Programme – UN-Habitat, is seeking candidates for the following vacancies for QUDSIR4R
project for a 5 years duration, where all posts are for 12 months period – with subject to satisfactory performance and
1. Finance and Procurement Associate (Part time, 50%)
2. Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Associate (Full time)
3. Media, PR and Communication Associate (Full time)
4. Grants and Contracts Associate (Full time)
5. Community Relations Advocate (Full time)
6. Business Development and Operations Associate (Full time)
Application deadline: 21 June, 2022
1. For post related information and job description, interested candidates are encouraged to visit and apply through the
2. Qualified candidates should express their interest by applying and completing the P11 form and the job portal instructions
as indicated in the website given above.
3. Applicants submitting to more than one post will not be considered.
4. Applications received only within the deadline will be considered.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply