USAIDs Momentum Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) award is a five-year USAID funded global award, that works in tandem with country governments and local nongovernmental organizations to provide targeted technical and capacity development assistance, and contribute to the global technical leadership and policy dialogue on improving measurable outcomes for maternal, reproductive, newborn and child health, and voluntary family planning. MCGL seeks a Hospital Administration Specialist (HAS) to provide technical depth, vision, guidance and expertise in hospital management for an upcoming USAID program in East Jerusalem, the East Jerusalem Hospital Network (EJHN). EJHN comprises six non-profit, charitable hospitals that have a long history of providing services to patients from East Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza hospitals in East Jerusalem. The EJHN program will support hospitals within the network to diversify income streams and improve quality of services for patients from the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem. This position reports to the Project Director.
- Oversee the design and implementation of EJHN program hospital management activities
- Support the planning and coordination of activities with the EJHN hospitals and other stakeholders to ensure support and collaboration
- In collaboration with EJHN hospital managers, implement EJHN program activities to strengthen hospital operations with a focus on:
- Planning budgets, establishing rates for services, optimizing insurance billing
- Coordinating hospital financial reporting and analysis to inform financial and management decision-making
- Building maintenance and operations in compliance with local regulations
- Monitoring use of diagnostic services, inpatient beds, facilities, and staff to ensure effective use of resources and assess the need for additional staff, equipment, and services.
- Monitor EJHN program activities to ensure that they are on track and communicate regularly with the
- Masters degree in hospital administration or related field from an accredited university
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in hospital administration
- Previous experience implementing management reforms in hospitals
- Previous experience working in hospitals on insurance billing-related issues.