**Please note: Only West Bank residents are eligible for this position**
The Program Specialist (PS) will be responsible for supporting strategic, and technical needs at the activity level implementation with local partners, civil society organizations (CSOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), and municipalities among others in coordination with the Deputy Chief of Party for Programs (DCOP-P). The PS will lead activity identification, supervise and guide program partners from the start to the conclusion of activities, ensure fulfilment of acquired commitments, and timely and adequate activity execution. The PS’s work site will be primarily in Tulkarm, but the PS will be able to travel to other municipalities/areas when required and authorized by the program. The PS will be supervised by the DCOP-P and will be based in Tulkarm.
- Develop activity concepts and discuss them with senior program leadership in line with the program objectives.
- Work with local organizations and partners and with grants and procurement teams to develop concept papers and proposals into full activities.
- Provide strategic and technical support to grants and activities during the program’s execution and evaluation.
- Support programmatic and technical aspects of the Rapid Response Activity, generating an implementation model through continuous progress and impact monitoring, identifying issues and obstacles, and promptly evaluating solutions for these to maximize the program’s impact.
- Monitor progress of activities and grants, overseeing the portfolio of grants and activities in Tulkarm.
- Support grantee adherence to grant agreements, implementation plan, and execution timetable in coordination with the Grants Manager.
- Develop and maintain cordial, professional, and open relationships with local partners, counterparts, grantees, and local authorities.
- Assist in verifying satisfactory delivery to procurement team.
- Provide regular activity notes with information related with outcomes, outputs, and impact of the activities, according to MEL plans.
- Coordinate all tasks related with the activity budgets closely with procurement and grants teams.
- Contribute to context analysis and provide security-related updates continuously.
- Bachelor’s degree in community development, international development, organizational development, or related field is required.
- Minimum five years of experience supporting social impact projects at the local level required.
- Experience working independently, preferably in development of high-impact projects required.
- Experience in conflict-affected areas, and willingness to travel in high-risk areas maintaining security awareness is required.
- Experience working with local organizations to implement community-prioritized activities is required.
- Experience with USAID or other donor-funded projects is desirable.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously under pressure in a stressful environment and with colleagues is required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, events, and projects, and to report on an activity or project in progress is required.
- Strong adaptability, communication, proactive problem-solving, service orientation, and inter-personal skills are required.
- Knowledge of program planning and implementation required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- Fluency in Arabic is required. Proficiency in English is desirable.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
apply press here