With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Leadership, Capacity Development, and Strategic Partnering
- Provide strong and positive leadership to the finance department.
- Coordinate professional and personal development of finance staff through adequate orientation, on-the-job coaching, identification of learning, training needs and opportunities (e.g. in accounting, SunSystems, grant management, risk management, leadership, etc.); and succession planning.
- Model Christ-centered servant leadership and support spiritual development of his/her team.
- Actively participate in the NO Senior Management/ Leadership team meetings.
- Attend and actively participate in strategic regional meetings.
- Facilitate ND, Operations, Board and other non-finance staff in understanding and interpretation of financial statements.
- Ensure partnership finance policies and procedures are understood by Senior Management, Operations/Technical staff, Communities, Local Partners and Board, as appropriate.
- Develop strong networks internally (other NOs, SOs and partnership entities) and externally (other NGOs, banking entities, communities, etc.) through effective communication, relationships and twin citizenship.
- Promote shared resource networks within the region, and the partnership.
- Adhere to WVI key policy documents – mission, core values, and covenant of partnership.
- Ensure adequate cost efficiency and effectiveness measures are in place and are being followed through: Providing cost analysis, promoting benchmarks and making recommendations for determining effective resource utilization at all levels.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate policies and procedures for procurement of goods and services, in collaboration with the Supply Chain team
Financial Planning and Budgeting
- In collaboration with other NO Directors, advise the National Director on strategic resource acquisition and allocation in line with RWG/VIR (Regional Working Group /Virtual Investment Review) recommendations approved by the Regional Leader.
- Coordinate the planning and budgeting process and provide technical support, to ensure global and regional guidelines are met, as well as to chart and execute a strategy in the midst of changing constraints and circumstances.
- Review alignment of budgets between National Office, projects, grants, MyPBAS, and Support Offices and ensure effective and efficient cost recovery practices are followed.
- Control of National Office budget, cash flow and project funding, by providing timely and relevant information to budget managers, in collaboration with the Operations Leader.
- Contribute to the development of WV National Office strategic direction and priorities.
Fiscal Accounting, Compliance, Monitoring, and Reporting
- Design and manage systems, policies and procedures that provide appropriate levels of security and control of WV assets, resources and operations.
- Coordinate the submission of timely, accurate and complete relevant reporting to the Partnership and to internal users.
- Define and implement efficient and effective internal control systems.
- Adhere to partnership policies, procedures and guidelines as stipulated in the WVI Financial Manual and other documents, including – but not limited to: grant compliance, planning & budgeting, year-end closing, carryforward, accounting and reporting.
- Coordinate the timely and accurate submission of financial reports in Notes FFR (Field Financial Reporting) database.
- Review the reconciliation of MyPBAS to FFR monthly with action plan for addressing outstanding items.
- Provide regular analysis of ADP/Grant financial reports and timely feedback to ADP/Grant managers for decision making
- Ensure NO Finance staff visit Programs/Projects to monitor accountability issues, follow up on implementation of audit findings and provide support as needed.
Financial Risk Management and Controls
- Manage appropriate financial systems and controls and ensure they are in place to avoid significant finance audit risk ratings, both at the NO and project levels.
- Coordinate management responses to finance audits performed to the NO and projects; ensure they are sent on time to the Audit Department; and that finance related audit recommendations are implemented timely at all levels.
- Coordinate adequate preparation for GC and external audits.
- Manage Financial Risk. Implement anti-corruption and fraud strategies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in finance position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency .
- Minimum 5 years of experience in finance management position .
- Experience with planning and forecasting
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Highly flexible and agile in style with the ability to produce creative and pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrates systems thinking.
- Champions and Manages Innovation .
- Must be able to lead and manage a team.
- Good working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, preferably Sun Systems & ProVision.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to travel within country, regional and internationally
- Integrity and strong identification with World Vision’s Core Values
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children or vulnerable adults.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
fpr more information press here