Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement procurement strategies in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Provide substantive inputs to procurement related reports and analyses; research and draft responses to enquiries for clearance by the Operations Manager;
- Provide substantive inputs to the implementation of procurement management policies and strategies on cost saving and reduction;
- Follow up with internal and external audits;
- Contribute to the development of sourcing strategies
2. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide support in preparation of information for annual workplan (AWP) exercise ensuring timely results.
- Provide support in the preparation of annual office budget, and tracking operational spending on core and non-core budgets.
- Participate in the UN Admin meetings, and other UN admin subgroups as delegated by the Operations Manager.
- May act as lead on administrative and logistics personnel.
- Review and supervise the preparation of the weekly cars schedule. Resolve bottlenecks as needed.
- Support in collecting information for internal/ external audit exercises of UN Women Palestine office and projects; support the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Support in the collection and provision of security information to fulfill corporate and country security requirements and reporting.
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor.
?3. Organize procurement activities in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Support preparation of procurement plans for programmes and projects.
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement processes for office and projects equipment, supplies and services.
- Initiate procurement processes including the preparation of Request for Quotations (RFQs), Invitation to Bids (ITBs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals;
- Perform Case Manager role in ERP system..
- Prepare/close Purchase Orders (POs) and contracts in and outside ERP system as needed;
- Coordination and facilitation of the provision of reliable and quality procurement and contracting activities, and close oversight of all procurement transactions
- Monthly follow-up on month-end procurement actions as per corporate guidance
4. Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Provide substantive input and support to the development of training materials, webinars and other education materials;
- Organize trainings for the operations/projects staff on Procurement;
- Synthesize lessons learnt and best practices.
- Perform any other related duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure the implementation of the filing system for Operations Unit.
impact of results:
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the unit. Accurate analysis and presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the office and promotes the image of UN WOMEN as an effective contributor to the development of the country, facilitates subsequent action by a supervisor. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timely finalization
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good knowledge of procurement process, systems; administrative rules and regulations;
- Good knowledge in the use of spreadsheets and database packages;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to extract and interpret data;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong IT and web based management skills.
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from press here . Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.