Field Emergency Project Coordinator
Child Safeguarding Commitment:
SOS Children’s Villages works with children’s and youth. Any applicant he/she should act in a way that safeguards children and youth from all forms of discrimination, abuse, mistreatment and neglect, and will keep data about the children and youth in SOS Children’s Villages programmes confidential. He/she will report all concerns regarding actual or potential child abuse, mistreatment or any other violation of the Child Protection Policy according to our reporting and responding system. For sure, He/she would be protected and supported by the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
SOS Children’s Villages Palestine is searching for Field emergency Project Coordinator.
Position Title: Field Emergency Project Coordinator in Gaza Strip
Status: Full Time Limited Contract.
Contract Type: Limited Contract subject to SOS Palestine priorities and fund availability.
The Field Emergency Project Coordinator is responsible to coordinate the activities for the project “Enhancing vulnerable individuals and families’ access to essential needs and lifesaving basic services in oPt”.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- Coordinate project implementation according to project actions, in line with timeline and donor requirements including monitoring and reporting (both narrative progress reporting and financial reporting);
- Initiate and coordinate project activities in coordination and liaison with Programme staff in the Gaza Strip;
- Support and coordinate the work of project pscyhologists and social workers in line with vision and plan of project manager;
- Match and align project activities according to agreement with donor and in liaison with civil society actors in the field that will support in the implementation of the project;
- Assisst the project manager in maintain civil society actors involved in the project and create an actors network.
- Liaise and represent the project manager with internal and external stakeholders and participate in stakeholder meetings and forums;
- Follow up the implementation of memorandum of understandings with partners.
Child Safeguarding (CS)
- Responsible within own area of work to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the IOR CS focal person and/or to the respective line manager.
Qualifications and Competencies for the position:
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in project cycle management and budget control;
- At least bachelor degree in business administration, social work, education, human rights,development studies, gender or any related field;
- Ability to manage data collection through multiple forms including but not limited to: surveys, focus groups discussions; and interviews with beneficiaries and stakeholders;
- Work experience and training on Gender Based Violent interventions, psycho-social support services, working with community based organizaitons;
- Ability to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to combine field and office work;
- Exceptional English and Arabic reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of national policy developments in the area of child welfare
- Good knowledge and understanding of children’s rights and rights-based approaches in the development of programmes
- Knowledge on social work ethics, theories and methods in work with children and families, including case management procedures
- Awareness and understanding of social development issues including gender, education, health, HIV/AIDS, etc.
- Experience in budget development and knowledge in financial management
- High level of communication skills, networking, partnership building skills
- Time and managmenet skills
- Ability to foster team work
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Planning skills
- Positive and professional approach: highly organised, result-oriented, proactive and reliable
- Analytical skills.
Preferred additional criteria
- Experience in community mobilisation, advocacy and public funding applications
Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to email
Indicating in the subject line: Field Emergency Project Coordinator in Gaza Strip.
Selection and recruitment of posts is subject to SOS Palestine priorities and Fund availability.
These posts are open for internal and external candidates.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications after deadline will be excluded.
Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered